This is the MEFISTO laboratory with the ECR-Source on the right hand side and on the left hand side the vacuum chamber where all the instruments for calibration are located The ECR-Source is placed in a big Faraday cage of about 2m length, 1.5m width and 2m height. This cage allows to float the ion source up to a potential of 100kV for post-accelerating of the highly charged ions.
- MEFISTO-Manual (1.6 MB)
Drawing of the chamber
Ion Beam caracteristics
- Energy range: 3 keV/e - 100 keV/e
- Pencil beam
- Ions from gas (H, He, O, Ne, Ar, …) and solid sources (Na, Mg, Al, Ca, Fe, Zn, …)
- Charge states: up to 8+ for gas sources, up 4+ for solid sources
Neutral Beam Chamber
- Energy range: 10eV.....3keV
- Species: H, He, O, C....
- Clean area (Class 100) in chamber door area
- Cryogenic shroud (liquid N2)
- Hexapod table (alpha, theta, x, y, z), temperature controlled (-80°C - +150°C)
- VUV source (126nm, 2 E-14 ph/cm2 s)
- DLD Delayline Detectors, Surface Concept GmbH
MEFISTO SCADA System
Actually the MEFISTO SCADA System is located on another Server.